Gilead's Truvada (TDF/FTC) registrationApproved
Generic versions of TDF/FTC for preventionNot submitted
Types of Projects
- Implementation project — funded/implementer involvement and investment in some or all steps related to comprehensive introduction that may or may not use government clinics as the primary service delivery point
- National level — PrEP availability in government clinics.
Research, Demonstration and Implementation Projects
Any sexually active HIV-negative person at substantial risk of acquiring HIV. Those at high risk include but not limited to the following:
- HIV negative people in serodiscordant relationships with a partner who is not confirmed as virologically
suppressed (VL < 40 copies/ml)
- All HIV negative people in serodiscordant relationships, regardless of VL of the partner, who want to conceive
- Partner(s) of unknown HIV status
- Recent/ recurrent STIs
- Multiple and/ or concurrent sexual partners
- History of inconsistent or no condom use
- Recurrent PEP users
- History of sex whilst under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs
Resources for Namibia
- The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) is a center in the University of Washington’s Department of Global Health that is implementing HIV preventive services for adolescent girls and young women, including the provision of PrEP.
- A Framework for Scaling Up PrEP can help implementers, government and advocates begin planning for and implementing PrEP programs.
- Click for the latest information from the Namibian Ministry of Health and Social Services.
- EQUIP Health is working closely with local implementing partners, health care providers and community members in Namibia to complete a demonstration project that will provide PrEP for up to 1000 sex workers and men who have sex with men through the Society of Family Health and the Walvis Bay Coordinator Group.