Gilead's Truvada (TDF/FTC) registrationApproved
Generic versions of TDF/FTC for preventionApproved
Types of Delivery Projects
- Demonstration projects, which road-test the use of new options in real-world settings—not in a trial site. They have a formal evaluation component that is designed to address specific elements of introduction such as infrastructure needs and ways individuals can integrate it into daily activities.
- National level — PrEP availability in government clinics.
Research, Demonstration and Implementation Projects
- Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis: clinical guidelines
- Eligibility criteria for funded PrEP
- HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP): A How to Guide, 2019
- Auckland District Health Board
- PHARMAC, New Zealand’s Pharmaceutical Management Agency
Resources for New Zealand
- A Framework for Scaling Up PrEP can help implementers, government and advocates begin planning for and implementing PrEP programs.
- Ending HIV – An informational website developed by the New Zealand AIDS Foundation, providing at-risk New Zealanders with PrEP facts, news, and information on where to access PrEP locally.
- Click here for the latest information from the New Zealand Ministry of Health.
- Purchase-PrEP.com – A multi-national collaboration that provides access options by mail order to PrEP medicines to people in a number of countries.
- APCOM is a coalition governments, United Nations agencies, non-profit organisations and community based organisations from Asia and the Pacific, working together to address HIV issues that affect the lives of men who have sex with men and transgender people. Click here to access PrEPMAP, their new guide to accessing PrEP in the region.