A Framework for Scaling Up PrEP
A step-by-step framework for planning the introduction of PrEP
Need help? Contact us!
Building a program to introduce PrEP effectively requires action on many levels. Some steps need to be done in sequence, others can be done simultaneously. This framework outlines the steps in this process, from creating the right policies to establishing a reliable supply chain, to measuring program quality.
- Creating Policies, Plans and Budgets
- Setting Up Systems For Supply Chain Management
- Identifying And Addressing Delivery Considerations And Best Practices
- Developing Marketing And Communications Strategies To Promote Demand And Uptake
- Ensuring Program Quality And Progress Through Monitoring & Evaluation
Use the links above to get information on each step.
Ready to start introducing PrEP? The OPTIONS team has developed a "Situational Analysis Toolkit" to help you begin planning for PrEP introduction in your context. Click here to download these tools and help get you on your way! (Introduction, Step 1: Data Collection, 2: PrEP Planning, 3: Summary Findings).
Last updated February 9, 2017.