PrEP Planning A-Z
Oral PrEP is gaining momentum worldwide. More and more countries are approving it for daily use — and global demand is growing!
Introducing PrEP is a complex process, and there's no single mold for an effective program. But this section of PrEPWatch is a great place to start.
This step-by-step framework for scaling up PrEP outlines what's involved for introducing oral PrEP and provides links to tools and resources:
- Creating Policies, Plans and Budgets
- Setting up Systems for Supply Chain Management
- Identifying and Addressing Delivery Considerations and Best Practices
- Developing Marketing and Communications Strategies to Promote Demand and Uptake
- Ensuring Program Quality and Progress through Monitoring & Evaluation
WHO implementation tool for pre-exposure prophylaxis of HIV infection
WHO has issued this 12-part tool for implementers seeking practical advice for introducing PrEP. Taken together, these modules support the implementation of PrEP among a range of populations in different settings.