Gilead's Truvada (TDF/FTC) registrationApproved
Generic versions of TDF/FTC for preventionApproved
Types of Delivery Projects
- Demonstration projects, which road-test the use of new options in real-world settings—not in a trial site. They have a formal evaluation component that is designed to address specific elements of introduction such as infrastructure needs and ways individuals can integrate it into daily activities.
Research, Demonstration and Implementation Projects
- National Guidelines for HIV Prevention Treatment and Care (2016)
- National Strategic Framework on HIV and AIDS: 2017-2021
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Resources for Nigeria
- PEPIC-N – A sub-campaign to NHVMAS’s LeNNiB campaign is ‘Preparing for Expanded PrEP access in Communities in Nigeria’ or PEPIC-N. The sole objective of PEPIC-N is to push for access of persons at substantial risks for HIV infection to have access to comprehensive HIV prevention including PrEP.
- The New HIV Vaccine and Microbicides Advocacy Society (NHVMAS) is a long-time advocate for research on and implementation of new HIV prevention options.
- A Framework for Scaling Up PrEP can help implementers, government and advocates begin planning for and implementing PrEP programs.
- Click for the latest information from the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Health.
- The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) is a key player in Nigeria’s PrEP implementation and currently runs one of the country’s largest PrEP demonstration projects, serving 600 serodicordant couples.