Gilead's Truvada (TDF/FTC) registrationNot submitted
Generic versions of TDF/FTC for preventionPlanning to submit
Types of Projects
- Demonstration projects, which road-test the use of new options in real-world settings—not in a trial site. They have a formal evaluation component that is designed to address specific elements of introduction such as infrastructure needs and ways individuals can integrate it into daily activities.
Research, Demonstration and Implementation Projects
- Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis: clinical guidelines
- Seventh National HIV Strategy 2014-2017
- Queensland Health
- HIV Foundation Queensland
- Kirby Institute
- Queensland AIDS Council
- University of Queensland
- Victorian Department of Health
- Victorian Government
- Alfred Health
- Victorian AIDS Council
- NSW Government
Resources for Australia
- PrEPaccessNOW – an Australian non-profit dedicated to advocating for affordable and accessible PrEP across Australia and keeping at-risk Australians up to date on PrEP news and availability.
- Purchase-PrEP.com – A multi-national collaboration that provides access options by mail order to PrEP medicines to people in a number of countries.
- PrEP in Australia – An informational website developed by ACON, a New South Wales based health promotion organization specializing in HIV Prevention.
- A Framework for Scaling Up PrEP can help implementers, government, and advocates begin planning for and implementing PrEP programs.
- VicPrEP – The official website for the VicPrEP demonstration project, an ongoing study examining the acceptability, safety, feasibility and impact of PrEP among high-risk Victoria residents.
- Alfred Health – The official website for the PrEPX study and its’ extensions. This is a multi-site, prospective, open-label, population-level PrEP demonstration study.
- PrEP’D for Change – A facebook group dedicated to sharing information, opinions and media about PrEP in Australia.
- Come PrEP’d – a community-driven HIV prevention campaign by QuAC to increase awareness of PrEP (Truvada).
- APCOM is a coalition governments, United Nations agencies, non-profit organisations and community based organisations from Asia and the Pacific, working together to address HIV issues that affect the lives of men who have sex with men and transgender people. Click here to access PrEPMAP, their new guide to accessing PrEP in the region.