Gilead's Truvada (TDF/FTC) registrationApproved
Generic versions of TDF/FTC for preventionNot submitted
Types of Projects
- Demonstration projects, which road-test the use of new options in real-world settings—not in a trial site. They have a formal evaluation component that is designed to address specific elements of introduction such as infrastructure needs and ways individuals can integrate it into daily activities.
- Implementation projects — funded/implementer involvement and investment in some or all steps related to comprehensive introduction that may or may not use government clinics as the primary service delivery point.
- National level — PrEP availability in government clinics.
Research, Demonstration and Implementation Projects
- Oswaldo Cruz Foundation
- Brazilian Ministry of Health
Resources for Brazil
- Painel PrEP – a dashboard with information on PrEP provided via the SUS (Brazil’s Unified Health System)
- PrEPBrasil – the official website for the PrEP Brasil Demonstration project, including information on PrEP and the study’s results.
- A Framework for Scaling Up PrEP can help implementers, government, and advocates begin planning for and implementing PrEP programs.