Gilead's Truvada (TDF/FTC) registrationApproved
Generic versions of TDF/FTC for preventionNot submitted
Viiv’s Apretude (CAB for PrEP) RegistrationNot approved
IPM’s Dapivirine Ring RegistrationNot approved
Types of Projects
- Demonstration projects, which road-test the use of new options in real-world settings—not in a trial site. They have a formal evaluation component that is designed to address specific elements of introduction such as infrastructure needs and ways individuals can integrate it into daily activities.
- Large-scale implementation initiative — funded/implementer involvement and investment in some or all steps related to comprehensive introduction that may or may not use government clinics as the primary service delivery point – e.g., Kenya’s Jilinde program.
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Nike Foundation
- Heidelberg Institute of Public Health
Resources for Eswatini
- This PrEP ring consultation analysis can support introduction of the dapivirine vaginal ring in Eswatini and is based on several inputs, including secondary research and interviews with key stakeholders in Eswatini.
- Click for the latest information from the Eswatini Ministry of Health.
- A Framework for Scaling Up PrEP can help implementers, government and advocates begin planning for and implementing PrEP programs.