Gilead's Truvada (TDF/FTC) registrationApproved
Generic versions of TDF/FTC for preventionApproved
Viiv’s Apretude (CAB for PrEP) RegistrationNot approved
IPM’s Dapivirine Ring RegistrationNot approved
Types of Delivery Projects
- Demonstration projects, which road-test the use of new options in real-world settings—not in a trial site. They have a formal evaluation component that is designed to address specific elements of introduction such as infrastructure needs and ways individuals can integrate it into daily activities.
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Resources for India
- India HIV/AIDS Alliance – an India based non-profit working to increase awareness and access to PrEP in transgender and hijra communities in six states across India.
- A Framework for Scaling Up PrEP can help implementers, government and advocates begin planning for and implementing PrEP programs.
- APCOM is a coalition governments, United Nations agencies, non-profit organisations and community based organisations from Asia and the Pacific, working together to address HIV issues that affect the lives of men who have sex with men and transgender people. Click here to access PrEPMAP, their new guide to accessing PrEP in the region.
- Click here for the latest information from the Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.