Gilead's Truvada (TDF/FTC) registrationApproved
Generic versions of TDF/FTC for preventionPlanning to submit
Types of Delivery Projects
- Clinical trial
- Demonstration projects — which road-test the use of new options in real-world settings—not in a trial site. They have a formal evaluation component that is designed to address specific elements of introduction such as infrastructure needs and ways individuals can integrate it into daily activities.
- Large-scale implementation initiative — funded/implementer involvement and investment in some or all steps related to comprehensive introduction that may or may not use government clinics as the primary service delivery point – e.g., Kenya’s Jilinde program.
Research, Demonstration and Implementation Projects
- Malawi Guidelines for Clinical Management of HIV in Children and Adults (2016)
- The National HIV Prevention Strategy (2015-2020)
- International Maternal Pediatric Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials (IMPAACT)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Selected Technical & Strategic Assistance
Resources for Malawi
- Dapivirine Ring Early Introduction Considerations: Malawi analysis — The OPTIONS Consortium conducted secondary research and interviews with key stakeholders in several countries to understand questions about the ring that could inform demonstration and processes for introducing new biomedical HIV prevention products.
- Click here for the latest information from the Department of HIV and AIDS (DHA) in the Malawi Ministry of Health
- A Framework for Scaling Up PrEP can help implementers, government, and advocates begin planning for and implementing PrEP programs
- MSF Corridor Project – A project focusing on the “Corridor,” a busy trade route used by truckers hauling goods throughout southern Africa. Based in Mozambique and Malawi (with extensions into Zimbabwe), it delivers PrEP to sex workers, truck drivers and men who have sex with men at high risk for HIV.
- Map of HIV Prevention Research and PrEP Demonstration Sites in Malawi