Gilead's Truvada (TDF/FTC) registrationApproved
Generic versions of TDF/FTC for preventionNot submitted
Viiv’s Apretude (CAB for PrEP) RegistrationNot approved
IPM’s Dapivirine Ring RegistrationNot approved
Types of Delivery Projects
- Demonstration projects — which road-test the use of new options in real-world settings—not in a trial site. They have a formal evaluation component that is designed to address specific elements of introduction such as infrastructure needs and ways individuals can integrate it into daily activities
- Large-scale implementation initiative — funded/implementer involvement and investment in some or all steps related to comprehensive introduction that may or may not use government clinics as the primary service delivery point – e.g., Kenya’s Jilinde program.
- National level — PrEP availability in government clinics.
- Peru Ministry of Health
Resources for Peru
- Epicentro – a Peruvian NGO involved in PrEP research and advocacy.
- Investigaciones Médicas en Salud (Inmensa) – a research institute aiding in the implementation and roll out of PrEP in Peru.
- Click here for the latest information from the Peruvian Ministry of Health.
- Purchase-PrEP.com – A multi-national collaboration that provides access options by mail order to PrEP medicines to people in a number of countries.
- A Framework for Scaling Up PrEP can help implementers, government and advocates begin planning for and implementing PrEP programs.