Gilead's Truvada (TDF/FTC) registrationApproved
Generic versions of TDF/FTC for preventionApproved
Viiv’s Apretude (CAB for PrEP) RegistrationNot approved
IPM’s Dapivirine Ring RegistrationUnder review
Types of Delivery Projects
- Behavioral and social science projects
- Demonstration projects, which road-test the use of new options in real-world settings—not in a trial site. They have a formal evaluation component that is designed to address specific elements of introduction such as infrastructure needs and ways individuals can integrate it into daily activities.
- Large-scale implementation initiative — funded/implementer involvement and investment in some or all steps related to comprehensive introduction that may or may not use government clinics as the primary service delivery point – e.g., Kenya’s Jilinde program.
- National level — PrEP availability in government clinics.
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Nike Foundation
- Wits RHI
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Resources for Tanzania
- Dapivirine Ring Early Introduction Considerations: Tanzania analysis — The OPTIONS Consortium conducted secondary research and interviews with key stakeholders in several countries to understand questions about the ring that could inform demonstration and processes for introducing new biomedical HIV prevention products.
- Tanzanian National AIDS Control Program – Tanzania’s HIV/AIDS authority, providing key information regarding PrEP roll out and HIV prevention in Tanzania.
- Columbia University ICAP is working in Tanzania to implement PrEP services for key populations.
- Click for the latest information from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children.
- A Framework for Scaling Up PrEP can help implementers, government and advocates begin planning for and implementing PrEP programs.