Gilead's Truvada (TDF/FTC) registrationApproved
Generic versions of TDF/FTC for preventionUnder review
Types of Delivery Projects
- Demonstration projects, which road-test the use of new options in real-world settings—not in a trial site. They have a formal evaluation component that is designed to address specific elements of introduction such as infrastructure needs and ways individuals can integrate it into daily activities.
- Large-scale implementation initiative — funded/implementer involvement and investment in some or all steps related to comprehensive introduction that may or may not use government clinics as the primary service delivery point – e.g., Kenya’s Jilinde program.
- National level — PrEP availability in government clinics.
Research, Demonstration and Implementation Projects
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Nike Foundation
- Wits RHI
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Resources for Tanzania
- Tanzanian National AIDS Control Program – Tanzania’s HIV/AIDS authority, providing key information regarding PrEP roll out and HIV prevention in Tanzania.
- Columbia University ICAP is working in Tanzania to implement PrEP services for key populations.
- Click for the latest information from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children.
- A Framework for Scaling Up PrEP can help implementers, government and advocates begin planning for and implementing PrEP programs.