Gilead's Truvada (TDF/FTC) registrationApproved
Generic versions of TDF/FTC for preventionApproved
Types of Delivery Projects
- Demonstration projects — which road-test the use of new options in real-world settings—not in a trial site. They have a formal evaluation component that is designed to address specific elements of introduction such as infrastructure needs and ways individuals can integrate it into daily activities.
- Large-scale implementation initiative — funded/implementer involvement and investment in some or all steps related to comprehensive introduction that may or may not use government clinics as the primary service delivery point – e.g., Kenya’s Jilinde program.
- National level — PrEP availability in government clinics.
- Open-label extension
Research, Demonstration and Implementation Projects
- Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre
- Princess Soamsawali Fund for HIV Prevention
- FHI 360
- Research Institute for Health Sciences
Resources for Thailand
- Adam’s Love – Thailand’s Official MSM Website is a hub for comprehensive information, entertainment, expert advise and online counseling for MSM in Thailand and across the globe.
- Purchase-PrEP.com – A multi-national collaboration that provides access options by mail order to PrEP medicines to people in a number of countries.
- Rainbow Sky Association of Thailand – a community-based organization providing PrEP to MSM and transgender individuals in Bangkok.
- Pulse Bangkok – an informational website developed by Pulse Clinic, providing patients and the public with access to PrEP facts, news, and information on how to access PrEP in Thailand and abroad.
- APCOM is a coalition governments, United Nations agencies, non-profit organisations and community based organisations from Asia and the Pacific, working together to address HIV issues that affect the lives of men who have sex with men and transgender people. Click here to access PrEPMAP, their new guide to accessing PrEP in the region.
- A Framework for Scaling Up PrEP can help implementers, government, and advocates begin planning for and implementing PrEP programs.
- Click here for the latest information from the Thailand Ministry of Public Health.
- The National Community Advisory Board – focused on biomedical HIV prevention research, has been actively pushing for PrEP introduction, especially following positive efficacy trial results of iPrEx and BTS—two randomized-controlled studies that had sites in Thailand.
- Dr. Nittaya Phanuphak has created a comprehensive presentation on PrEP Implementation in Thailand, mapping the progress that has been made, key projects, and the number of PrEP users through June 2017.