MOSAIC’s HIV Drug Resistance (HIVDR) Monitoring Program monitors HIVDR in PrEP seroconverters in project-based and national roll-out programs in sub-Saharan Africa. Activities include:
- Laboratory research to improve HIVDR testing assays and test diverse sample types for HIVDR using sensitive methods.
- Technical support and policy guidance for HIVDR assessment in seroconverters to PrEP programs.
- Implementation of HIVDR monitoring strategies in select countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
The materials below can assist ministries of health, project implementers and policy makers develop HIVDR monitoring strategies and support the collection and testing of blood samples for HIVDR testing.
Tools for HIV Drug Resistance Monitoring in PrEP Programs
The following toolkit materials are designed to assist ministries of health, project implementers and policy makers develop drug resistance monitoring programs within PrEP projects and national programs.
- HIV Drug Resistance Monitoring Protocol Template
- Brief on ART Considerations for Individuals with Recent PrEP Use
- HIV Testing Strategies in PrEP Clients Factsheet
- PrEP and Drug Resistance Factsheet for Policy Makers
- PrEP and Drug Resistance Factsheet for Health Care Workers
- Acute Seroconversion Assessment Checklist
- DBS Job Aid for Resistance Testing and Training Video
- PrEP and Drug Resistance Training Slides
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Plan for Drug Resistance Programs
- Used Ring Collection Job Aid
- Whole Blood Collection Instructions for PrEP Seroconverters